For Christmas i got my mother a Kindle Fire, This is my pro’s and Con’s list on it.
- The screen is a perfect size to be portable yet still very visible.
- The screen is very clear, and highly detailed
- The system is very responsive, producing a nice smooth interface.
- it uses a Standard Micro-B size USB cable for Charging and data connection.
- 8 gigs of internal storage, This is somewhat limited by the fact that the System itself takes up that same storage space so you get about 6.5 gigs.
- 5 gigs of Cloud storage for free (+1 gig for $1 a month)
- With 169 of Screen Pixel per Inch (PPI) It outdoes the IPAD 2 that has only 132 PPI
- 8 hour battery life.
- No expandable storage, this does not take a SD card or anyother external storage add-ons, so the only way to have extra space is by using the Cloud.
- Power button is on the bottom of the tablet, This makes for it to be easily turned off if you just rest it on a table or arm of a chair. but this is easily fixed by turning the Fire upside down and the OS will rotate.
- Built-in storage could be bigger, 6.5 gigs is good, but power users like myself could easily fill that.
- No camera for Skype chat, I have not looked though the app store to much
but i did see Skype and Skype is Mainly used for Audio and Video chat.I did see skype compatible apps.
Editors note: I have gotten a kindle fire and skype itself was not in the market.